Course | THE MAGICAL CRAFT OF CREATIVE NONFICTION LEVEL 1 | 14 Weeks | Biweekly | Starts Jan. 2, 2023 | 7-9 pm ET
This writing course is virtual. We will meet via Zoom January through March 2023, 7 sessions over the course of 14 weeks, bi-weekly, Jan. 2 through March 27, on Monday evenings from 7-9 pm Eastern Time. Meeting dates are Jan. 2, Jan. 16, Jan. 30, Feb. 13, Feb. 27, March 13, and March 27.
This schedule gives you a longer time to commit to your writing, an extended period of time with me, more days to read and write between classes, and a larger container to create transformation.
You will learn the essential secrets to writing creative nonfiction--memoir and essay.
This is the best creative nonfiction course that money can buy.
When I was a young writer, I thought I could teach myself what I needed to know. I thought that if I read enough Welty and O'Connor and Hurston, I could figure it all out. Unfortunately, I lost years. Finally I began to study with great writers, and I realized what a mistake I had made. I could be moved by what other writers were doing, but I couldn't understand on my own how they were moving me. Finally I learned things that I could have never untangled on my own.
We'll dive deep into craft and structure, including one one crazily effective and never-before-published schema for the narrative essay.
However, what I've learned after publishing a dozen books is you need more than craft to be a great writer. You need magic. There's no other word for it.
And I know where you find magic.
In this time together we’ll peer into the deep sources of our power, discover how to tap that power, and learn how to transfer it to the page. We will be wilding our stories and wilding ourselves. We'll be calling on our ancestors to help us. We'll be calling on plant medicine.
This course can transform your life. It can give you the tools you haven't been able to figure out for yourself to make a story fly. It can set your writing on fire and make you want to sit down and nail your shoes to the floor under your writing desk.
The class includes
* seven exciting evenings where I pour my heart & soul into your heart & soul.
* my honest, authentic belief in you.
* a chance to share your stories in a safe space.
* pages and pages of important, useful handouts in pdf form.
* a private, 45-minute Zoom session with me where you get to envision the Life You Dream or lob your writing questions at me or think through your writing project.
* my edits on up to 12 DS pages of your work.
* a $50 off coupon for any other workshop I teach that you wish to take.
* & of course a receipt to file with your taxes.
Move yourself from stuck to empowered with one decision.